It’s festive time at Greenvale Shopping Centre and we have your Christmas catering needs sorted!
- 700g panettone cut into slices 1cm thick
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 50ml dark rum
- 50ml dry marsala
- 600ml milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 4 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish.
- Lightly butter each slice of panettone, lay slices, slightly overlapping, to fill the dish.
- Combine the rum and marsala and pour over the panettone.
- Place the milk, cream, cinnamon and rind in a large saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat, remove and discard the cinnamon
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale. Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Strain over the panettone, pushing the slices down until
covered by custard. Place the dish in a large baking tray, pour boiling water into the tray to halfway up the sides. Bake for 30-35 minutes until
golden and custard is just set. To serve, dust with icing sugar.